• Image relating to San Stefano #0
  • Image relating to San Stefano #1
  • Image relating to San Stefano #2
  • Image relating to San Stefano #3
  • Image relating to San Stefano #4

San Stefano Sorico

Comments

The Parish church S. Stefano was erected in 1447 shortly after the founding of Sorico. It was rebuilt in 1703 by the architect Giorgio Giulini. From the fifteenth-century church remains the imposing bell tower (originally one of the three military towers used for the collection of tolls for the passage from one district to another), part of the apse and marble portal.  Inside a Renaissance triptych of the Lombard school in its original frame and the remains of ancient frescos.

San Stefano
Address:
Via Vittorio Emanuele, 4, Sorico CO 22010