Located in a panoramic position between the inlet of Loppia and the hamlet of San Giovanni, Villa Taverna was built by Count Paolo Taverna at the end of the eighteenth century. The villa is a private residence and can only be seen from the lake. The villa was later rented to Francesco Melzi, vice-president of the Cisalpine Republic, who lived there during construction of the nearby Villa Melzi. In the nineteenth century, the property was sold to the nobles Poldi Pezzoli that expanded the building with the addition of two wings connected to the main structure through galleries. A few years later the surrounding park was reorganized into English style by the architect Giuseppe Balzaretto. Subsequently, the villa was sold to Trivulzio and then, in 1941, to Gerli.