Churches near Whieldon Fly Fishing

Photo: Whieldon Fly Fishing

We specialize in creating memorable fishing trips, events and guided fishing holidays on Lake Como and Valtellina. Our team of professional fishing guides are dedicated to providing a first class service and show you the best that…

Photo: BOLD

We are part of the Anglican Church, belonging to the Diocese in Europe but we welcome all visitors of the Christian faith to our services of Holy Communion. These are held every Sunday at 10.30 am from the beginning of May to the end of…

Photo: BOLD

The parish church is located next to the historical centre of the village of Griante. It was built at the beginning of the 18th century on the site of an ancient temple, that was probably consecrated by St. Felice, bishop of Como. The church has a simple structure with a single nave, a transept and two lateral…

Located right on the lake in the village of Tremezzo, the church began construction in 1775 and completed in 1896. The inside of the church was painted by Luigi Tagliaferri, who did all the paintings of the chorus and of the vault. The walls were built with blocks of hewn stone from Moltrasio.

The parish church of S. Stefano is of very ancient origins whose original Roman structures have however been lost; in fact the orientation itself is in…

Photo: Di Daderot

The church of St. George is located in Bellagio, next to City Hall. It is contemporary with the Basilica of St. James, dating back to ' XI - XII century (dated between 1080 and 1120). Originally the apse and altar were facing…

In the hills of Tremezzo is the town of Rogaro whose old centre consists of 18th century homes grouped around the Baroque church dedicated to Mary. The church houses the famous wooden statue known as the Black Madonna which is said…

Photo: triangololariano.it

One of the finest examples of Lombard-Romanesque with an intact apse. The parish Church of San Giacomo (St. James) dates back to the 12th century. The rest of the structure has undergone numerous restorations, especially during the 18th…

The church S. Marta is of ancient origins. On the facade you can see the Roman memorial plaque of Minicio Exorato, a notable of the Roman empire; above it the town-arms. Inside the church there are some interesting paintings of the 17th century.

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

The parish church of St. Abbondio rises isolated on the western side of the village of Mezzegra, with its majestic front facing the lake. It was probably founded in the 12th century in Romanesque style, then rebuilt in 1702 by local emigrants and consecrated in 1724. The restoration works left its right side out, which was to become today’s…

The church S. Carlo which was built in 1614 on order of Cinzio Calvi so that he and his wife could have their tombs in it. The church has a characteristic Spanish style bell tower a reminder of the period of Spanish domination in the 15-16th century. The bell tower can be seen from the center of town.

Photo: Lago di Como (Lake Como)

The parish church stands in the XI Febbraio square, near the baptistery, overlooking the renowned Venere Gulf, from where you are presented with an enchanting…

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

Next to Lenno’s parish church is the baptistery, dating back to the second half of the 11th century and dedicated to St. John the Evangelist. The outside is simple and plain, with a square bell-tower and an apse on the…

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

This parish church rebuilt between 1725 and 1738, is a remarkable example of Baroque art. Inside, in addition to the frescoes of Luigi Tagliaferro, is a valuable painting of the "Madonna of the Seven Sorrows" and a wooden statue of Lorenzo Matieli 1737.

Photo: triangololariano.it

Executed in Baroque style (17th c.), with single nave and wooden altar piece dating back to the 1600's. On the left side is a bell tower containing five bells.…

Consecrated on 1313, the parish church of San Giorgio is a small masterpiece of the 14th century Lombardy architecture. Located in the main square, this is a basilica with nave and two aisles embellished by  a rose window and a fresco portraying Saint Christopher. The baroque altar, with black and red marbles,…

Photo: Varenna Turismo.com

This is one of the oldest churches in the Lake Como area and the oldest one in Varenna. Dated back at the 11th century, this Church is defined by the Belfry built toward the lake, as usual at that time, and it keeps inside few frescoes from the 14th century. The church stands isolated on the main square in…

Photo: Abbazia dell'Acquafredda

Located in the upper part of the village of Lenno. Once it was called monastery of Roncate after the name of the hamlet where it was built, but later it became the "Abbazia dell’Acquafredda" (the ‘Freshwater abbey’), because of a fresh source near the church which is believed to be miraculous. The abbey was…

A perfect morning or afternoon hike with stunning views of Lake Como. San Martino is Lake Como’s most famous mountain church perched on a top a cliff above the town of Griante. Its official name is "Santuario Della Madonna delle Grazie di San Martino", but most everyone simply refers to it as San Martino. A…

10

Michelin Star Restaurants




Michelin Star Restaurants

30

Beaches & Lido Clubs




Beaches and Lido Clubs

10

Water Taxis & Boat Tours




Water Taxis & Boat Tours

Loading Page Content

Save and share the places you like with friends and fellow travellers.