• Image relating to Sant’Antonio Abate #0
    Photo: parrocchiavalmadrera.it
  • Image relating to Sant’Antonio Abate #1
    Photo: parrocchiavalmadrera.it
  • Image relating to Sant’Antonio Abate #2
    Photo: parrocchiavalmadrera.it

Sant’Antonio Abate Valmadrera

Comments

The construction of the church began in 1791 and ended in 1823 requiring the works of several architects: Clemente Isacchi,  Giuseppe Pollack, Giuseppe Bovara and Simone Cantoni. The church hosts a crucifixion of 1879 by Mosè Bianchi and a painting from the 16th century which is an early work by Lomazzo which once belonged to the Sforzas. The bell tower, built in 1923, with its 90 meters is among the highest in Lombardy.

Sant’Antonio Abate
Address:
Piazza Dante, 1, Valmadrera LC 23868
Telephone:
+39 0341 581306