It as the 1800’s that led to the golden era for and awareness of culture and tourism. The industrious population has been able to use the resources in the area and, with the start of the Northern Railway in 1879, it emerged as the active center, rich in history and culture. The current town of Erba is composed of Incino, Buccinigo, Cassina Mariaga, Crevenna, Arcellasco and Parravicino. The various accessions took place in several stages: first step 21 August 1906 with the historic union of Erba with Incino, then in 1923 the accession of Crevenna, Buccinigo and Cassina Mariaga and in 1928, adding Arcellasco and Parravicino completed the formation of the new municipality. In May of 1970, the President of the Republic decreed Erba the title of City, thus confirming the important socio-economic characteristics which placed the village among the most hardworking and representative of Alta Brianza.