S. Maria degli Angeli: Description
The first owner was Rocco Marliani who commissioned the architect Leopoldo Pollack, a student of Giuseppe Piermarini and the most famous exponents of Neoclassicism, to transform the structures of the convent into a villa and decided to call it Villa Amalia (named after his wife). The modifications concerned, were never realized owing to the destruction of Crevenna. He later passed the building to other families. Today the complex is owned by the province of Como.
The building is located in an elevated position above the road surface; It is accessed via a short staircase. The façade, placed at the same height of the concierge of the villa is decorated with frescoes reproducing architectural elements and four niches containing many saints; in the middle, above the door, it opens the canopy. The right side and the back of the church are incorporated in the former structure of the monastery.
The interior consists of a classroom with a single nave, with a wooden trusses and divided into three bays by pointed arches, and the rectangular presbytery. Upon entering, on the right, you can see an ancient holy water, Renaissance, adorned with a decoration that alternates elements zoomorphic elements phytomorphic. Continuing, he meets a Madonna and Child Enthroned with musician angels dated 1496 (the year shown on the scroll beneath the throne of the Virgin), remained hidden under a layer of plaster for many years; in this representation, framed by architectural elements, it appears the top of a ' Imago pietatis with the symbols of the Passion of Christ. Just beyond, the altar of St. Anthony, to witness the dedication of "popular" of the church.