The Sanctuary and the Convent of Santa Maria del Lavello finds origins from an old story. In 1480 water sprang suddenly from beneath an ancient burial place and soon got the reputation of being miraculous, therefore becoming a pilgrimage site. In 1486 some Servants of Mary came from Bergamo and helped to buy the new church. In 1510, friars began building the convent but in1629 the descent of the Lanzichenecchi with their devastation ended a long period of prosperity. After years of changing fortunes and a time of neglect, the structure was restored in early 2000 giving new splendor to the monastic complex, which represents an international destination of the "cloister route".