Sanctuary of Beata Vergine dei Miracoli (Day Trip)
South of Como is this spectacular sanctuary that was declared part of European Heritage. Built between 1498 and 1510, it is one of the most important examples of Lombardy Renaissance. Designed by many famous artists such as Pellegrino Tibaldi, Giovanni Antonio Amodeo, Paolo della Porta, Bernardino Luini, Camillo Procaccini, Gaudenzio Ferrari and Andrea da Milano. The history of the Sanctuary of sanctuary began around 1460 when a young boy of Saronno, had been ill in bed for a number of years. He was healed miraculously by Our Lady of Strada Varesina who inspired the building of a church.