cycling near Santo Crocifisso

Photo: Ktulu

Como is Lake Como's largest city where you will find shopping, works of art, churches, gardens, museums, theatres, parks and palaces. Places to go inlcude the Duomo, the Basilica of Sant'Abbondio, Villa Olmo, the Volta Temple and Museum, the Teatro...

Photo: Enrico Colzani

Originally a medieval church (XI century) but many additions and changes have taken place over the centuries. For several years it served as the parish church of Sormano, Caglio and Rezzago. The building, located at a higher level than the street,...

Photo: Enrico Colzani

Built towards the end of 1300 to replace an existing chapel. The church, a single nave, built of local stone and brick, houses the remains of votive frescoes of the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries. It underwent two periods of restoration: one in...

Photo: Enrico Colzani

Romanesque in origin, but built on the foundations of a medieval church as demonstrated by archaeological excavations. Another testimony to its antiquity is the dedication to Saints Cosmas and Damian, doctors who were martyred in the fourth century...

This is situated in the locality of Rovasco and is from the 12th-13th centuries. It was renovated several times and was extended in the fourteenth century. It has preserved frescoes of the Blessed Virgin with Baby Jesus and St. Christopher. It is...

Photo: Enrico Colzani

The village contains this interesting church that dates back to the 14th century. It has a fine Romanesque bell tower and a decorated Renaissance portal. An ancient chest behind the altar preserves a precious reliquary, a nail of the Holy Cross....

Located in the center of Lecco, this church was built in memory of the fallen of World War I. Constructed in the Romanesque Revival-style, it has horizontal stripes of alternating white stone and granite from the Chiavenna valley. The bell tower is...

Photo: Enrico Colzani

Built in the Romanesque period, between the 11 and 12th centuries, but underwent many changes and expansions to its current appearance. It was the first parish church of Molina; over the centuries, the population of this village moved increasingly...

Photo: Enrico Colzani

Outside of Lasnigo is the Romanesque church of Sant’Alessandro which lies on a slope boulevard flanked by an eighteenth-century chapels of the Cross. In ancient times the original church was built on a lower plateau. Then the bell tower was moved to...

Photo: Enrico Colzani

Built between 1723 and 1744 and consecrated by Bishop Albrici Pellegrini in 1764. The façade, in the Baroque style, is characterized by four pilasters and from the portal flanked by two niches and surmounted by a sundial. Above it is the date in...

Nestled in the woods of the Natural Reserve of Valle Bova, the hermitage is available to accommodate individuals, couples, priests, lay people, religious, who want to enjoy moments of silence and prayer....

Photo: Enrico Colzani

The Romanesque church of St. Euphemia of Incino d'Erba is one of the oldest churches in the Larian Triangle, the province of Como and the Archdiocese of Milan. The church is located on the ancient road network that connected Aquileia Brescia,...

Photo: Enrico Colzani

Also known as St. Anthony, as there is a preserved relic of the saint that is exposed to the congregation of the faithful every 17 January. The church was an integral part of the Franciscan convent of Santa Maria degli Angeli, founded in Crevenna at...

Church built between 1910 and 1931 in Palanzo, a small village above Faggeto Lario. The short hike affords great views of the lake from a a nearby park....

The Stone of Preguda, a rock composed of granite ghiandone, is incorporated in the Church of Sant’ Isidoro. The Stone of Preguda, on the slopes of Moregallo, is a rock composed of granite ghiandone, from the Val Masino and is the most famous...

This parish church can be reached through an uphill street passing by the Baroque chapel of the Crocetta. The 19th century front is very elegant and shows a typical Greek design by the architect Bovara. Inside it hosts an altar dating back to the...

The Chapel of the dead to Crocetta is the oldest and most impressive votive chapel in Malgrate. With baroque architecture, it dates back to the sixteenth century and houses bones, probably of the dead from the plague. Not documented, the chapel is...

Photo: Enrico Colzani

Parish church built in the sixteenth century and later remodeled. The choir has a fresco by painter G. Quaglio. Next to the parish is the Oratory dedicated to Santa Marta with a fascinating frescoed facade in bas-relief from the sixteenth century,...

Photo: Enrico Colzani

The church of San Rocco was the parish church of Pognana Lario up to 1744, when a new parish church dedicated to the Holy Trinity it was consecrated. It was then "downgraded", lost its dedication to the Holy Trinity, and was re-dedicated to St....

Photo: Enrico Colzani

The construction of the church began in 1791 and ended in 1823 requiring the works of several architects: Clemente Isacchi, Giuseppe Pollack, Giuseppe Bovara and Simone Cantoni. The church hosts a crucifixion of 1879 by Mosè Bianchi and a painting...

Photo: Enrico Colzani

St. George, as with other holy warriors (Michael and Martin) was highly revered by the Lombards. The present church was built in the sixteenth century on the site of a former place of worship; it underwent other changes in following years,...

Built in the second half of the sixteenth century, this church was remodeled and expanded in later periods. Distinct for its large columns and the sixteenth round arches on the porch....

Photo: Enrico Colzani

The church of Saints Peter and Paul was believed to have been founded in the eleventh century by Bishop Rainald and consecrated in 1095 by Pope Urban II, who was traveling to Clermont-Ferrand to call the first crusade. Over the centuries, the...

Photo: Mattana

Octagonal building with drum and porch hexastyle made following the discovery (1624) of the image of the Virgin now altar. Factory completed in 1630, but with following reconstruction (porch redone in 1742 and the bell tower in 1912). Outside of the...

The parish church is located in the center of the country.Built in the seventeenth century, is decorated with prestigious and stucco friezes of Stefano Salterio (XVIII century) and also preserves works of painting and sculpture of the eighteenth...

Photo: Enrico Colzani

This is situated in the locality of Rovasco and is from the 12th-13th centuries. It was renovated several times and was extended in the fourteenth century. It has preserved frescoes of the Blessed Virgin with Baby Jesus and St. Christopher. It is...

Photo: Enrico Colzani

The current building was built on the site previously occupied by an older church: its construction began in 1593 and lasted until the next century (1617), when it became an independent parish. In the eighteenth century underwent a partial...

Photo: Enrico Colzani

The small chapel is located in the historic center of Veleso, at the intersection of several streets. The façade is decorated with a fresco depicting the Crucifixion....

The church, that stands near the lake, contains interesting frescoes, and the outside is characterized by an open porch to the lake with a double lancetwindow and a tall stone bell tower. It was the church of the community, which remained...

These are considered as one of the greatest Romanesque architectural monuments in Europe and are part of a single Benedictine settlement. Important note: the Church can be reached only on foot walking for about 1 hour through a mountain path (300 m...

Photo: Davide Veniani

According to tradition, the church was built in the thirteenth century, at the behest of a crusader returning from the Holy Land. According to another legend, the church was built on a refuge belonging to the order of the Templars. Positioned on a...

Photo: K.Weise

Built in 1576 by St Charles Borromeo as a temple for the nearby convent of Capuchin Friars. It contains one of the most collections of art in Lecco: nine glass houses containing compositions of polychrome wax that represent the seven scenes from the...

The construction of the church began in 1791 and ended in 1823 requiring the works of several architects: Clemente Isacchi, Giuseppe Pollack, Giuseppe Bovara and Simone Cantoni. The church hosts a crucifixion of 1879 by Mosè Bianchi and a painting...

Photo: A ntv

Main church in Lecco dedicated to the saint patorn of sailors. Its structure is in Neoclassical style thanks to the architect Giuseppe Bovara who worked on its enlargement and contains 17th century furniture, a baptismal font of 1596, Romanesque...

Considered one of the most important Lombard Romanesque monument of its kind. Inside it holds frescoes of the 15th and 16th centuries. The building has an octagonal plan and a semicircular apse dating back to the 11th century, although some elements...

Photo: Claudine Frère

Near the top of the Ghisallo pass stands the Sanctuary of the Madonna del Ghisallo. Its name, according to the legend, comes from a certain "Ghisallo" who, in the Middle Ages, near the pass was attacked by bandits. He made a vow to the Madonna to...

No-stress cycling! The cycle path that crosses the entire lower Valtellina valley is perfect for those who prefer problem-free pedaling without any competitive stress, cycling at their own pace purely and simply for the pleasure of enjoying nature...

Starting from Bellagio, the Passo del Ghisallo ascent is 10.6 km long. Over this distance, you climb 552 meters. At the top is the Cycling Museum and the Church of Madonna del Ghisallo which is dedicated to cycling. A must ride and visit for avid...

Located above the Mezzola Lake, The “Tracciolino” is a small piece of art that has no equal in the Alps, whose construction dates back to the thirties. Bridges and tubbels in the mountains, often bravely constructed on overhanging rocks, to allow...

The upper region of Lake Como is a perfect place for cyclists featuring quiet paths away from traffic, surrounded by greenery within the nature reserve of Pian di Spagna, in Valtellina or Valchiavenna. The Association provides route information (16...

P & L WEAR AND RENTAL is a small shop of rental / sale bike and clothing based in Domaso (Lake Como) along the main road and near Villa Camilla (Town Hall). It is a bike friendly structure and offers city bikes for everyone, child seats, carts,...

A beautiful route for mountain bikers, the trails of the mountains of Lake Como, which lends itself to many variations on the theme. It starts from Bellano and climbs to Vendrogno, then touching the pastures of Tedoldo, Camaggiore. From here you can...

A beautiful route for mountain bikers, the trails of the mountains of Lake Como, which lends itself to many variations on the theme. It starts from Dervio and climbs to Camaggiore, with options to continue inland or back down to Bellano....

Cycling around the perimeter of Lake Como is a classic ride that will give any cyclist a great sense of accomplishment. The ride is 160km long and takes you through all of Lake Como's lake side cities and villages....

Save and share the places you like with friends and fellow travellers.