Located in the upper part of the village of Lenno. Once it was called monastery of Roncate after the name of the hamlet where it was built, but later it became the “Abbazia dell’Acquafredda" (the ‘Freshwater abbey’), because of a fresh source near the church which is believed to be miraculous. The abbey was built in 1142 and the church between 1153 and 1193. This church is a good example of the baroque style in Como area; it has a simple façade with a gable, a single nave decorated with stuccoes and its entrance is preceded by an atrium. Interesting are the frescoes, painted in 1621 by Giovanni Mauro della Rovere, best known as the Fiamminghino, and the altar-piece, representing the Annunciation. Worth of notice are the thirteen stories about the life of St. Bernardo, depicted on the walls and on the vault. Today only the apse, the base of the bell-tower and the sepulchre of St. Agrippino remain from the original structure.