Believed to be the site of a miracle where a fresco of the Madonna and child shed tears. The Sanctuary is located along the main road just past the ridge over the river Albano. It dates back to the period a miracle happened in 1553. According to the tradition, the frescoed image of the Madonna with Child on the external wall of a vineyard, which had already escaped a flood of the Albano stream several years before, shed tears. People considered it as a sign against the danger of Luther's heresy and built the church as a thanks giving The presbytery walls and the main arch were frescoed in 1599 by Domenico Caresana of Cureglia.