Churches near Lido di Bellano

Photo: Lido di Bellano

A lovely beach with bars on the shores of Lake Como, where you can enjoy a relaxing day with confidence. Our beach has a swimming pool for those who do not like to swim in the lake, but do not want to give up the pleasure of…

The parish church of Saints Nazaro Celso with the black-white Gothic front, was built in 1348 by Giovanni Ugo di Campione and architects from the valley…

In 1688, a plaster relief of the Madonna of Sorrows kept in the small chapel of Lezzeno is said to have cried. And thus, in 1690 a Sanctuary was built in her honour. The work designed by Giovanni Battista Quadrio, was…

Consecrated on 1313, the parish church of San Giorgio is a small masterpiece of the 14th century Lombardy architecture. Located in the main square, this is a basilica with nave and two aisles embellished by  a rose window and a fresco portraying Saint Christopher. The baroque altar, with black and red marbles,…

Photo: Varenna Turismo.com

This is one of the oldest churches in the Lake Como area and the oldest one in Varenna. Dated back at the 11th century, this Church is defined by the Belfry built toward the lake, as usual at that time, and it keeps inside few frescoes from the 14th century. The church stands isolated on the main square in…

Probably dated around the XII century. The building is located near the walls of a castle, a large complex built by the hands of Andreani. Over the centuries it has undergone several extensive restorations: the facade,…

Photo: Di Daderot

The church of St. George is located in Bellagio, next to City Hall. It is contemporary with the Basilica of St. James, dating back to ' XI - XII century (dated between 1080 and 1120). Originally the apse and altar were facing…

The church S. Marta is of ancient origins. On the facade you can see the Roman memorial plaque of Minicio Exorato, a notable of the Roman empire; above it the town-arms. Inside the church there are some interesting paintings of the 17th century.

The parish church of S. Stefano is of very ancient origins whose original Roman structures have however been lost; in fact the orientation itself is in…

Photo: triangololariano.it

One of the finest examples of Lombard-Romanesque with an intact apse. The parish Church of San Giacomo (St. James) dates back to the 12th century. The rest of the structure has undergone numerous restorations, especially during the 18th…

The church S. Carlo which was built in 1614 on order of Cinzio Calvi so that he and his wife could have their tombs in it. The church has a characteristic Spanish style bell tower a reminder of the period of Spanish domination in the 15-16th century. The bell tower can be seen from the center of town.

A perfect morning or afternoon hike with stunning views of Lake Como. San Martino is Lake Como’s most famous mountain church perched on a top a cliff above the town of Griante. Its official name is "Santuario Della Madonna delle Grazie di San Martino", but most everyone simply refers to it as San Martino. A…

This church is located in the village Nobiallo just north of Menaggio. The houses are clustered around the church which stands on the Antica Strada Regina, the antique Roman Road that connected Como with Alpine passes. The characteristic leaning bell tower is from the 13th century.

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

This parish church rebuilt between 1725 and 1738, is a remarkable example of Baroque art. Inside, in addition to the frescoes of Luigi Tagliaferro, is a valuable painting of the "Madonna of the Seven Sorrows" and a wooden statue of Lorenzo Matieli 1737.

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

High on the road is the sanctuary of the Madonna of Peace, erected in 1659 to celebrate the peace of Pirenei, which ended the Thirty Year War between the French and Spaniards. Characteristic is the Romanesque hanging bell (sec. XIII), and in the sanctuary is the venerated image of a Madonna from which are said…

A series of chapels depicting Christ’s final journey to Mount Golgotha. The traditional 14 stations have been added to with a 15th dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows and are located in a rectangular square in front of…

Photo: Kaitu

The church stands in the beautiful small square of the village Barna.  It was built as a Parish church in 1636. The inside presents itself with one…

This church was built between 1464 and 1474. Its bell tower still preserves pre-existing Romanesque elements. Inside, the church is richly decorated with paintings  On the front of…

The church stands on a hill that dominates the valley. The current building is the result of a series of operations occurred over the centuries. Rebuilt on top of…

Fifteenth century renovation of an older church. lt has a fourteenth century bell tower with a spire, and contains a silver-gilt processional cross dated 1489 by the artist from Gravedona F. Ser Gregori.

10

Michelin Star Restaurants




Michelin Star Restaurants

30

Beaches & Lido Clubs




Beaches and Lido Clubs

10

Water Taxis & Boat Tours




Water Taxis & Boat Tours

Loading Page Content

Save and share the places you like with friends and fellow travellers.