Churches near Villa Carlotta

Villa Carlotta is a unique sanctuary of art and beauty with its magnificent botanical specimens and…

Photo: BOLD

We are part of the Anglican Church, belonging to the Diocese in Europe but we welcome all visitors of the Christian faith to our services of Holy Communion. These are held every Sunday at 10.30 am from the beginning of May to the end of…

Located right on the lake in the village of Tremezzo, the church began construction in 1775 and completed in 1896. The inside of the church was painted by Luigi Tagliaferri, who did all the paintings of the chorus and of the vault. The walls were built with blocks of hewn stone from Moltrasio.

Photo: BOLD

The parish church is located next to the historical centre of the village of Griante. It was built at the beginning of the 18th century on the site of an ancient temple, that was probably consecrated by St. Felice, bishop of Como. The church has a simple structure with a single nave, a transept and two lateral…

In the hills of Tremezzo is the town of Rogaro whose old centre consists of 18th century homes grouped around the Baroque church dedicated to Mary. The church houses the famous wooden statue known as the Black Madonna which is said…

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

The parish church of St. Abbondio rises isolated on the western side of the village of Mezzegra, with its majestic front facing the lake. It was probably founded in the 12th century in Romanesque style, then rebuilt in 1702 by local emigrants and consecrated in 1724. The restoration works left its right side out, which was to become today’s…

Photo: Di Daderot

The church of St. George is located in Bellagio, next to City Hall. It is contemporary with the Basilica of St. James, dating back to ' XI - XII century (dated between 1080 and 1120). Originally the apse and altar were facing…

The parish church of S. Stefano is of very ancient origins whose original Roman structures have however been lost; in fact the orientation itself is in…

Photo: Lago di Como (Lake Como)

The parish church stands in the XI Febbraio square, near the baptistery, overlooking the renowned Venere Gulf, from where you are presented with an enchanting…

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

Next to Lenno’s parish church is the baptistery, dating back to the second half of the 11th century and dedicated to St. John the Evangelist. The outside is simple and plain, with a square bell-tower and an apse on the…

Photo: triangololariano.it

One of the finest examples of Lombard-Romanesque with an intact apse. The parish Church of San Giacomo (St. James) dates back to the 12th century. The rest of the structure has undergone numerous restorations, especially during the 18th…

The church S. Marta is of ancient origins. On the facade you can see the Roman memorial plaque of Minicio Exorato, a notable of the Roman empire; above it the town-arms. Inside the church there are some interesting paintings of the 17th century.

This building is the parish church of Ossuccio and was built after the church bearing the same name, situated on the Comacina Island. It dates back to the 12th century and during the restoration works of 1959 many parts of the Romanesque building were restored. On the left side of the presbytery there…

Photo: triangololariano.it

Executed in Baroque style (17th c.), with single nave and wooden altar piece dating back to the 1600's. On the left side is a bell tower containing five bells.…

This Romanesque church with emblematic bell tower was once a lodging for pilgrims making their way to Rome along Lake Como’s western shore. The history of the church has always been bound with contiguous ancient medieval hospice. The single nave Romanesque church dates…

The church S. Carlo which was built in 1614 on order of Cinzio Calvi so that he and his wife could have their tombs in it. The church has a characteristic Spanish style bell tower a reminder of the period of Spanish domination in the 15-16th century. The bell tower can be seen from the center of town.

Photo: Abbazia dell'Acquafredda

Located in the upper part of the village of Lenno. Once it was called monastery of Roncate after the name of the hamlet where it was built, but later it became the "Abbazia dell’Acquafredda" (the ‘Freshwater abbey’), because of a fresh source near the church which is believed to be miraculous. The abbey was…

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

This parish church rebuilt between 1725 and 1738, is a remarkable example of Baroque art. Inside, in addition to the frescoes of Luigi Tagliaferro, is a valuable painting of the "Madonna of the Seven Sorrows" and a wooden statue of Lorenzo Matieli 1737.

Photo: The Sacred Mount of Ossuccio

The Sacred Mount of Ossuccio is one of the nine sacri monti in the Italian regions of Lombardy and Piedmont which were inscribed on the UNESCO list of World Heritage Sites in 2003. The devotional complex is located on a prealpine crag some 2…

Photo: Laurom

This sanctuary is part of a series of shrines along a one kilometer cobble stoned walkway. The shrines depict scenes of the Madonna’s and Christ’s life and are represented by frescos and natural size statues made of…

A perfect morning or afternoon hike with stunning views of Lake Como. San Martino is Lake Como’s most famous mountain church perched on a top a cliff above the town of Griante. Its official name is "Santuario Della Madonna delle Grazie di San Martino", but most everyone simply refers to it as San Martino. A…

10

Michelin Star Restaurants




Michelin Star Restaurants

30

Beaches & Lido Clubs




Beaches and Lido Clubs

10

Water Taxis & Boat Tours




Water Taxis & Boat Tours

Loading Page Content

Save and share the places you like with friends and fellow travellers.