Churches near Hotel Ristorante Fioroni

Photo: Hotel Ristorante Fioroni

The Hotel Restaurant Fioroni is in Carate Urio, a small picturesque town on Como Lake’s shores. An ideal place to relax and to admire the beauties of the lake. Ristorante Fioroni, has stand out for generations of gourmets…

Urio, the part of the town that lies south of Carate, is characterized by the Romanesque bell tower of the Saints Quirico and Giulitta church that stands close to the lake. Rebuilt in 1865 from an original Romanesque church with…

Photo: rete.comuni-italiani.it

Situated in the hamlet of Vignola, along the ancient Via Regina, it preserves its ancient structure in bare stone decorated with small arches. The exterior has remains of Renaissance and late Gothic frescos. The interior is divided into two naves with semi-circular apses. There is a particularly fine 16th…

The Church of Saints Nazario and Celso is just a short walk away from the waters of Lake Como, near the harbor in the old town of Brienno. Some documents attest to the presence of a church since the end of the thirteenth century, the Romanesque…

The church of San Vincenzo in Cernobbio is located in the historic part of the town, in front of Tolomeo Gallio square, a few steps away from the lake. We can date the origin of the church back to 1150, a pastoral visit of Bishop Niguarda that took place in 1593, described the building as small and modest.

The building was first started between 1908 and 1912. Luigi Dell'Orto, mayor of Cernobbio for almost thirty years, wanted this church to solemnize his wedding with Elizabeth Lucca. After the war,…

Photo: Geobia

Located in the middle of the walled town, the church was built between the 11th to the end of the 13th century and was possibly the first cathedral in Como. It features a complex planimetry including three short naves,…

An omni-present feature of Lake Como’s skyline is the Como Cathedral with its white marble facade and imposing dome. The interior is equally spectacular boasting elaborate altar paintings, gargoyles and a magnificent dome.…

Photo: Di Geobia

The church was founded in 1300 by two brothers Hermits of St. Augustine from Civilio, a village above Como, on land donated by a family whose members were later…

Temple of the Shrine dedicated to Our Lady of the Water Sports Prodigy. In a stormy crossing of the Adriatic, on the night of September 12, 1669, the family of Count Antonio Zancaropulo Berardo escaping from Crete, sought shelter in Venice. During the terrible storm…

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

Built on location of a church dating back to the 16th century, Santi Epimaco e Girdino was completely rebuilt in the second half of the 18th century. The original parish church is located in the lower part of town, near the lake. For this reason, during the twentieth century it was abandoned and the benefit of the…

Occupying an enviable position high above the town of Como and Como branch of the lake, the church of Brunate contains a wealth of history and art. The centuries-old history of the church contains beautiful artistic works (the fifteenth-century fresco with Santa Guglielma, the seventeenth-century paintings of…

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

The church of Santa Tecla is near the harbor in a quiet and pleasant; recently restored, in it you can see the remains of frescoes by Bartolomeo De Benzi and Andrea De Passeris. Located on the right bank of Lake Como, Torno preserves the characteristics of a medieval village, with some significant architectonic…

The village contains this interesting church that dates back to the 14th century. It has a fine Romanesque bell tower and a decorated Renaissance portal. An ancient chest behind the altar preserves a precious reliquary, a nail of the Holy Cross.

Photo: triangololariano.it

Built in the Romanesque period, between the 11 and 12th centuries, but underwent many changes and expansions to its current appearance. It was the first parish church of Molina; over the centuries, the population…

Church built between 1910 and 1931 in Palanzo, a small village above Faggeto Lario. The short hike affords great views of the lake from a a nearby park.

Photo: triangololariano.it

The church already existed in the fifteenth century but was rimaneggita between the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. The Romanesque bell tower displays although its construction is significantly late. During the…

The church of San Rocco was the parish church of Pognana Lario up to 1744,…

Photo: triangololariano.it

Built between 1723 and 1744 and consecrated by Bishop Albrici Pellegrini in 1764. The façade, in the Baroque style, is characterized by four pilasters and from the portal…

Photo: triangololariano.it

This is situated in the locality of Rovasco and is from the 12th-13th centuries. It was renovated several times and was extended in the fourteenth century. It has preserved frescoes of the Blessed Virgin with Baby Jesus and St. Christopher. It is believed that its dedication to San Miro derives from the…

The church, that stands near the lake, contains interesting frescoes, and the outside is characterized by an open porch to the lake with a double lancetwindow and a tall stone bell tower. It was the church of the community, which remained independent throughout the Middle Ages.

Built in the second half of the sixteenth century, this church was remodeled and expanded in later periods. Distinct for its large columns and the sixteenth round arches on the porch.

St. George, as with other holy warriors (Michael and Martin) was highly revered by the Lombards. The present church was built in the sixteenth century on the site of a former…

Photo: triangololariano.it

The church of Saints Peter and Paul was believed to have been founded in the eleventh century by Bishop Rainald and consecrated in 1095 by Pope Urban II, who was traveling to Clermont-Ferrand to call the first crusade. Over the centuries, the building…

The current building was built on the site previously occupied by an older church: its construction began in 1593 and lasted until the next century (1617), when it became an independent parish. In the eighteenth century underwent a partial reconstruction that…

Photo: triangololariano.it

The small chapel is located in the historic center of Veleso, at the intersection of several streets. The façade is decorated with a fresco depicting the Crucifixion.

10

Michelin Star Restaurants




Michelin Star Restaurants

30

Beaches & Lido Clubs




Beaches and Lido Clubs

10

Water Taxis & Boat Tours




Water Taxis & Boat Tours

Loading Page Content

Save and share the places you like with friends and fellow travellers.