Churches near La Spiaggia

Photo: La Spiaggia

La Spiaggia is situated in front of the lake in Oliveto Lario, a village along the coast road leading from Lecco to Bellagio,…

The Stone of Preguda, a rock composed of granite ghiandone, is incorporated in the Church of Sant’ Isidoro. The Stone of Preguda, on the slopes of Moregallo, is a…

Photo: triangololariano.it

Dedicated to St. John the Baptist built between 1641 and 1675 while the facade was only completed in 1962. The ornate decoration of the interior is in a Baroque style, with a monumental wooden altar consisting of life-sized saints and angels richly decorated in black and gold. Also worthy of note is a niche…

Photo: triangololariano.it

Built in the space of ten years from 1766-1776. Characterized by a bright interior with elegant harmonious architecture. The walls are like arabesque allegories and symbols of the Passion (spears, lanterns, nails ...). The four corners of the dome, feature the painted figures of the prophets Ezekiel, Isaiah, Jeremiah and Baruch.

The Chapel of the dead to Crocetta is the oldest and most impressive votive chapel in Malgrate. With baroque architecture, it dates back to the sixteenth century and houses bones, probably of the dead from the plague…

This parish church can be reached through an uphill street passing by the Baroque chapel of the Crocetta. The 19th century front is very elegant and shows a typical Greek design by the architect Bovara. Inside it…

Photo: parrocchiavalmadrera.it

The construction of the church began in 1791 and ended in 1823 requiring the works of several architects: Clemente Isacchi,  Giuseppe Pollack, Giuseppe Bovara and Simone Cantoni. The church hosts a crucifixion of 1879 by…

Photo: triangololariano.it

Executed in Baroque style (17th c.), with single nave and wooden altar piece dating back to the 1600's. On the left side is a bell tower containing five bells.…

Photo: Di Daderot

The church of St. George is located in Bellagio, next to City Hall. It is contemporary with the Basilica of St. James, dating back to ' XI - XII century (dated between 1080 and 1120). Originally the apse and altar were facing…

Photo: triangololariano.it

One of the finest examples of Lombard-Romanesque with an intact apse. The parish Church of San Giacomo (St. James) dates back to the 12th century. The rest of the structure has undergone numerous restorations, especially during the 18th…

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

Outside of Lasnigo is the Romanesque church of Sant’Alessandro which lies on a slope boulevard flanked by an eighteenth-century chapels of the Cross. In ancient times the original church was built on a lower plateau. Then the bell tower was moved to a higher position, so that it…

Photo: Enrico Colzani

Originally a medieval church (XI century) but many additions and changes have taken place over the centuries. For several years it served as the parish church of Sormano, Caglio and Rezzago. The building, located at a higher level than the street, has a porch preceding…

Main church in Lecco dedicated to the saint patorn of sailors. Its structure is in Neoclassical style thanks to the architect Giuseppe Bovara who worked on its enlargement and contains 17th century furniture, a baptismal font of 1596, Romanesque parts of the 11th century and a chapel decorated with stories of…

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

Romanesque in origin, but built on the foundations of a medieval church as demonstrated by archaeological excavations. Another testimony to its antiquity is the dedication to Saints Cosmas and Damian, doctors who were…

Miro Canzo was a 14th century hermit and pilgrim, belonging, according to some scholars, the Franciscan Third Order, venerated as a saint of the Catholic Church in the Larian region. In 1660, the oratory of San Miro came into existence along the Val Ravella, a place of hermitage of Miro. The area internally…

The church is located next to the parish church of SS. Quirico e Giulitta and is accessed by three steps. It dates from the fourteenth century and was enlarged with the construction of two bays in the middle of the sixteenth century. Noteworthy are the frescos on the church’s exterior entrance.

Parish church built in the sixteenth century and later remodeled. The choir has a fresco by painter G. Quaglio. Next to the parish is the Oratory dedicated to Santa Marta with a fascinating frescoed facade in bas-relief from the sixteenth century, depicting the Deposition and the Annunciation. Note two walnut…

Near the top of the Ghisallo pass stands the Sanctuary of the Madonna del Ghisallo. Its name, according to the legend, comes from a certain "Ghisallo" who, in the Middle Ages, near…

According to tradition, the church was built in the thirteenth century, at the behest of a crusader returning from the Holy Land. According to another…

Photo: triangololariano.it

The small chapel is located in the historic center of Veleso, at the intersection of several streets. The façade is decorated with a fresco depicting the Crucifixion.

These are considered as one of the greatest Romanesque architectural monuments in Europe and are part of a single Benedictine settlement. Important note: the Church can be reached only on foot walking for about 1 hour through a mountain path (300 m difference in height). The first documents are from the…

The current building was built on the site previously occupied by an older church: its construction began in 1593 and lasted until the next century (1617), when it became an independent parish. In the eighteenth century underwent a partial reconstruction that…

10

Michelin Star Restaurants




Michelin Star Restaurants

30

Beaches & Lido Clubs




Beaches and Lido Clubs

10

Water Taxis & Boat Tours




Water Taxis & Boat Tours

Loading Page Content

Save and share the places you like with friends and fellow travellers.