churches near A Casa Di Luca

Photo: Ktulu

Como is Lake Como's largest city where you will find shopping, works of art, churches, gardens, museums, theatres, parks and palaces. Places to go inlcude the Duomo, the Basilica of Sant'Abbondio, Villa Olmo, the Volta Temple and Museum, the Teatro...

Elegant and modern restaurant and bar located in the heart of Como city (5th floor), which offers a spectacular view of the Duomo and the historic city center. A dinner with a glass of Champagne at sunset or in the evening on the terraces...

Welcome to the Brewery of COMO, the largest local Italian consecrated to an ancient art: craft production of beer. And 'the most popular drink in the world, its origins are lost in the mists of time and, for some years, we are back to produce using...

Cocktails born from the love for our area. Flavours ranging from the Alps to the doors of Africa: a fortune that all the world envies....

Cibooooh is a restaurant in the hearth of Como, Italy. It's set in Pallazzo del Pero, one of the most ancient and significant buildings in the town. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming. We serve a blend of classical Italian cuisine, creativity and...

Pleasant staff, friendly and familiar, excellent cuisine, pizzas, even at midday. During the week, menus work at a fixed price....

From the Alps of Provence to the Alps of Carinthia and Slovenia, Feel offers a culinary journey between the traditions of the Como area and the regions touched by the Alps, inside a unique venue of the ancient city of Como. Seasonality, freshness...

Only from Napule è can you taste real and genuine Neapolitan pizza, one prepared with the best products, such as mozzarella, provolone and mozzarella arriving daily from Naples. For all fans we have more than 20 pizzas, a vast selection of...

The best menu according to the season. Suitable for any occasion a business meal or a feast to remember. Over 90 pizzas to suit all tastes and endless customizations !!! Also Take Away !!! The Restaurant Pizzeria "Al Senza Nome" in Como is the...

Our Mexican restaurant turned into a meeting place for people from Switzerland from Milan and of course from the Como, for evenings of fun and happiness, animated by dj playing what is called happy music. On Friday and Saturday it is always a big...

Our kitchen offers the best dishes of the Italian tradition, including recipes based on meat and fish, pasta dishes simple but tasty that fully enhance the flavors of our land. Spaghetti with seafood to the scallops with porcini mushrooms, they are...

Located in the heart of the historical center of the city of Como.It has 120 seats and is divided into four rooms where the architecture of this historic building, with its walls with stones and ceilings with exposed wood beams, meets modern design...

Refreshment Nidrino is an exclusive local Brunate, in the province of Como, which offers excellent menus delighting a great view of the lake. To spend an evening with friends, with family or your loved one, and get away from everyday stress, we...

Immersed in the green between the mountains of Valle, in hospitable village of Taceno, "AI PLATANI" with independent entrance is a place where you can spend your time in peace. Ideal for families, a serene environment and family that will make you...

Surrounded by the beautiful scenery of Lake Como, a stone's throw from the historic center and in one of the squares with a view of the lake's most beautiful cities, Il Vecchio Borgo offers you to taste the local cuisine and dishes inspired by...

What characterizes Restaurants Elvis is the high standard of its cuisine. All meals are prepared using food of excellent quality. Fresh fish, meat of choice, tasty vegetables all combined with the best traditional Italian wines. The pizzas and the...

Tiare restaurant, a destination for lovers of seafood, is located in Tavernerio on the road for Lecco, it features a comfortable and spacious parking. Morena, along with his brave staff welcomes guests in a young and innovative consists of an air...

All you can eat Japanese restaurant in Como. Lunches: 10.90€ . Dinners: 20.90€....

Beautiful interior design, very romantic with candlelight tables. Authentic food in a great location....

The concept of churrascaria, spread throughout Brazil starting from its origins in southern Brazil, is one the most sincere expressions in this local tropical flavor. The careful selection of meats and their meticulous preparation for traditional...

Over thirty years, continuing the family tradition in the catering Como. The venue is easily accessible from the historic city of Como, being situated very close to the walled city and one of the main entrances to the latter: Porta Torre. Our...

Steakhouse and pizzeria with seating available indoors and out. Check events for live music....

The first pizzeria Como, the renowned "Pizzeria Cavour" around the Lario, owned by the family Bergamaschi Almina in Piazza Verdi. The Russo family has a long tradition in the world of baking from her uncle Gaetano who moved to Como in 1958 and began...

The pizza restaurant The Grill is located in the center of Como, behind the Duomo just left behind the level crossing Ferrovie Nord Milano and crossed the pedestrian crossing. We are a short walk from Palazzo Terragni and a hundred meters from the...

A simple and welcoming restaurant in Alba con Cassano, Via Mascagni, 24. We are husband and wife originally from Salerno, we have undertaken the task of restoration some years ago ', with a pizza takeaway to , in those years we have gained...

Gioya is a cafe, restaurant and pizzeria in the square camerlata; It is a place to relax before going to work with a coffee, or to have fun tasting to the aperitif with music and evening atmosphere for all companies. Gioya is a restaurant, bar and...

Pizzeria Ermitage da Arturo is located not far from the historic center, a few paces from the stream Cosia and is the oldest pizzeria Como. For over 20 years, housed in a former convent, with 60 seats inside and 90 seats in the garden, is suitable...

We have always been guided by a single rule: We create dishes that we like and with deep respect for the raw materials, whether of animal or vegetable origin, giving preference to products to zero km or certified organic. we offer you a typical...

A charming and elegant place, with a stunning view of the Cathedral. You can also enjoy your meal in the indoor garden surrounded by the ancient walls of the city. The menu offers a selection of the best Italian and local products. Also a wine...

In Brunate (Como, CO), above a wonderful landscape, you can find the "Locanda del Dolce Basilico". In a homely, friendly and relaxed location, you will be able to taste Ligurian and local specialties, made with care and with natural ingredients....

Fratelli la Bufala Como with typical Mediterranean cuisine, from pizza to typical Neapolitan Mozzarella di Bufala DOP and IGP buffalo meat....

The Locanda Barbarossa opened October 27th of 2004. Situated in the heart of the "Romanesque" old city center of the Town In Como. The structure is entirely in stone of Moltrasio which makes the room absolutely only one. With the same stones,...

Just steps from the beautiful cathedral and the famous Terragni, in the middle of a typical local street of Como.Our commitment and to seek the fresh ingredients for the preparation of our dishes, prepared in compliance with the Italian culinary...

Courtesy and quality are at home and we will offer you a simple, genuine cuisine where raw materials are absolutely seasonal to enhance aromas and flavors now forgotten by most. La Trattoria Rienza, bowling club with a bar and a pergola with vines...

La Pizzaccia offers appealing menus, designed to satisfy your craving for pizza. Large variety also from the point of view of the flour for the preparation of the dough! Come and visit us at our restaurant Via F. Delano Roosevelt in Como. The wood...

Osteria La Tana dei Pescatori specializes in fish.We take reservations, good for groups, good for kids, take out, catering and have a great patio for outdoor seating....

Located at 6 Via Della Pila, Camnago Volta (Como). The dishes are seasonal, fresh ingredients only and exclusively Italian. We put our heart in every dish to give you a new experience every day. We have a garden where you can eat, drink a cocktail...

A cozy and quaint sushi place in the heart of Lake Como, to make you breathe the magical and oriental atmosphere, taking care of details from furniture to light trying to grasp the essentials and refined Japanese style. Sushi and sashimi very fresh...

Located a short walk from the Brunate funicular: from Como in just 7 minutes you can enjoy a fantastic view of the lake and surrounding mountains. In addition to the typical local cuisine, we are pleased to present you some courses that complement...

Ristorante Er Piu proposes a broad selection of fish specialities: fish baked in the oven, salted, stewed or in soups... all originating from a well-stocked display case ensuring the quality and freshness of the fish served... Ensuring the quality...

Trattoria Santo Stefano is a historical place laid down along the shores of Como Lake and is located in the old town center of Lenno, a popular resort on the lake known thanks to the extraordinary beauty of the landscapes and the famous Villa...

In a familiar and warm setting, featuring traditional dishes of Como, an extensive wine list and a wide selection of homemade cakes. The restaurant is part of Como’s local history (opened in early 1813) and in its rooms have passed all the actors...

Cardamomo is an artisan pizzeria with a wood-burning oven also offering traditional Moroccan cuisine (only takeaway) and a selection of gastronomic specialities (beers, liquors, spirits, chocolate, spices, biscuits, etc.) Your choice is from some...

Since the beginning of the last century people came here to enjoy a stay. Bellavista Boutique Hotel and Restaurant is a liberty style building, which has recently been renovated, and is only 50 meters away from the Brunate's funicular. From our...

At India Fast Food, we are focused on providing Food services with the highest levels of customer satisfaction – we will do everything we can to meet your expectation. With a variety of offerings to choose from, we’re sure you’ll be happy working...

It born in 2001 in Lecco Avenue, a short walk from the center and from the lake, and was the first restaurant to import the Japanese culinary tradition in the city of Como. On three floors, it offers its customers many rooms, a classic style, a...

An invitation to discover our restaurant, the charm of its atmosphere, the elegant yet informal, it is the ideal place to spend pleasant evenings in couple, with friends or with your colleagues. Visit us, we are in Como, Prong area, you will be our...

The new way of interpreting the burger. In a historical moment in which "globalization" and multiply the import stores, we decided to close the circle around our territory to enhance it and offer a quality product. Opens in Como in via Diaz 78/80...

Peach Pit, takeaway pizza and focaccia, offers daily pizza, focaccia, Panfocaccia, chickpea flour, tarts and other tasty snacks that can be consumed in the space set up in the room. Our shop, particularly attentive to young people, often organizes...

In the heart of Como, a short walk from the lake and the old town, the smells of the sea meet creativity. Where? Fish from the restaurant starring the chef Mario Cimino. Cook Calabrian origins who traveled up and down Italy, until he lands on the...

Traditional dishes served in a "one-time", from Casseola to Pizzoccheri a gastronomic journey to discover the flavors Manzoniani. Tira, Mola e Meseda is your point of reference in the Typical Restaurants in Lombardy with the real home cooking. We...

Well reviewed pizzeria using the freshest ingredients and baked in a traditional oven. If in the area, give us a try, you won’t be disappointed!...

The Market Place is a cozy restaurant with an atmosphere and an international flavor. A culinary journey, a thought that is expressed through two tasting menus, classic or gourmet, or the à la carte menu. The freshness of tastes and flavors, is...

Located along the ridge Bassone, it is more than a family business. Trattoria alla Costa has kept its traditional appeal Lombard cuisine, with its warm inviting dining areas. You must never miss the chance to try the home-made desserts. They are...

In this romantic accent, the restaurant offers everyday typical gourmet Italian cuisine. All dishes derive from family tradition or from recipes passed down by older generations which are have been located all throughout the Country. The Restaurant...

An ideal combination that brings the tradition and flavors of their Mediterranean cuisine in a young and modern keep pace with new innovations. The traditional Mediterranean cuisine presented in a rich and varigato menu, where the daily arrivals,...

Choose a dinner "à la carte", or opt for a menu "vegetarian", "sea" and alternative - for fans of Lombardy cuisine - "traditional". Special attention is also paid to the choice of wines for an excellent match, right from our own cellars. The...

The history of Crotto has ancient origins ... Since the '700 was used as such and, even today, the local preserves the charm of the typical taverns. The cuisine is excellent and offers a constantly changing menu, recipes typically Lombard with...

The Restaurant is surrounded by greenery, in a corner of old Brianza. The garden on the banks of the river Lambro invite you to get lost in nature or, in the evening take romantic walks. The dishes combine the ancient origins of the Brianza recipes...

Walking down Via Zoli 27, the oldest and quiet street a few steps from Lake Pusiano, meets the old gate of the restaurant Ellera. Our restaurant serves as Trattoria, Osteria, seasonal Bar, lido and has the possibility to rent bikes and boats....

The interior rooms are the classic expression of the typical trattoria of Lombardy, everything points to the flavor of the past, but with an eye to the evolution of taste in the tradition. Away from the clamor, Chef Aurelio delights the loyal...

From handmade sausages with tasty and quality meats from Piedmont, each served on the board of the restaurant (and available for purchase in the adjoining butcher shop) comes from a long family tradition of butchers and butchers. To complete the...

Trattoria Il Barzaghin has continued to prepare those dishes that are know as "typical" such as tripe and cassoeula, cooked salami and mortadella liver. Relying on carefully selected raw materials, and drawing from the territory and from artisan...

The restaurant is obtained in a structure in the end of XIX century. The structure maintains the original wall and it offers fashionable vaults on brick (within sight of all) a vista. Trattoria La Scaletta in Cantù is composed by a main room with 16...

The menu will offer only typical cuisine of Lombardy, made from raw materials strictly from the territory. Over the years it has been growing attention to the traditions and the need to bind to its roots. Our land is rich in gastronomic treasures...

Among intense aromas and flavors of the past, good things homemade, cooked according to original recipes of traditional cuisine of northern Italy. In a warm atmosphere, refined but familiar, where the environment is studied in detail, but has...

La Trattoria Edda, a warm, friendly dinning experience in the countryside far away from a chaos. Located in Cremnago of Inverigo, Via Roma, 97. La Trattoria Edda, five generations in catering. Mrs. Vittoria Romano Paredi (called Edda), is the owner...

With our wood-burning oven, we try to transfer our passion for quality cuisine to also include making great pizza. We also opened our tables to offer fast food of the South, with a delicious menu whilst maintaining great value....

A triumph of scents, colours and mood that evoke the tradition of the territory with the incomparable pleasure of different flavours with a modern twist. The Restaurant "I Melograni" is located inside the Relais "La California". a wonderful oasis of...

Led by Fernanda Sironi and her husband Pierluigi Nicolini, provides for three generations one of the best cuisines in Brianza. Perfect for dream weddings and anniversaries - thanks to the octagonal room with large windows overlooking the park. We...

Located in a refined old carriage house, this pleasant convivial meeting place, serves Italian culinary tradition. Born in July 1989 at the behest of Sergio Mauri, who has managed to bring Brianza a breath of fresh, obtaining important awards...

Traditional flavours of Mediterranean cuisine in a young and modern setting where daily arrivals, and careful selection always ensures freshness and quality of ingredients....

An ancient tradition, dating back to 1926, the Letizia Restaurant offers its guests hospitality and kindness in a completely renovated, elegant and sophisticated setting. We have a large room for wedding receptions or family get-togethers and a room...

Magnificent example of contemporary architecture, characterized by a seductive minimalist design. The Restaurant Simposio is absorbed in the green of the pleasant Brianza. Every day at lunch is available a rich choice of unique dishes, while the...

Restaurant Marion is a comfortable and friendly location based on a typical and regional cooking, since 1920. You will be welcomed in a modern and refined large room. An external terrace completes the structure. Restaurant Marion main dishes are...

The restaurant ‘Er Più’ proposes a broad selection of fish specialities: fish baked in the oven, salted, stewed or in soups... all originating from a well-stocked display case ensuring the quality and freshness of the fish served. Diners may also...

Our menu consists of a wide selection of seafood appetizers hot, cold and raw fish; pasta dishes excel in seafood and fish sauce. The main dishes are fish and shellfish prepared using cooking techniques that enhance their freshness. But our kitchen...

Located in a countryside setting, Grillo only serves dishes made from local ingredients and hand-picked wines from its cantina....

Features locally grown ingredients in traditionally based recipes. It will be with the recipes of our grandparents, but cooked with innovative methods and modern, that we can all delight our palates. even all the sweets that we will propose, today,...

Trattoria that combines the traditional menus of the Como area with the first fruits and seasonal products. Keep in mind that our menu is always changing. In addition to the proposed fresh pasta with chestnuts, cocoa, ragu 'game, pizzoccheri made...

Ideal venue for a lunch, a dinner, a wedding or a special occasion. Its large windows overlook a lovely pond adjacent to a large playground for small children. The cuisine combines tradition and taste, creating recipes while simple and innovative,...

Flavors of the highest quality, comfortable and friendly atmosphere tones may alone be a great excuse to say "we arrive at Capolinea". We went over because we wanted to create an environment suitable for those who were to choose a location where a...

A versatile location in the absolute quiet of the countryside and surrounding woods provide complete relaxation and safe comfort. A beautiful setting combined with our professionalism and commitment, make Cassina Pelada the ideal place to celebrate...

A garden location ideal for large functions and weddings. There is our long experience in organizing any type of event a large and beautiful garden shaded and flowery a large room capable of about 240 people in a single room and a large private...

Restaurant in a lovely garden setting ideal for romantic dinners or wedding banquets. Reservations may be withdrawn at takeaway restaurant from Wednesday to Sunday, from 10 to 15 in the morning and in the afternoon from 18 to 22. If you prefer, you...

A Mediterranean cuisine with a something more that just a talented Chef can give. The Restaurant Plinio 1988 essential and simple, but also comfortable and functional, it is a tangible sign of how, by combining the traditional Mediterranean cuisine...

A corner of delight sheltered in the ancient heart of this little green town with rustic entrance and dining area that is now divided into two sections: the oldest is around the fireplace, between beautiful chairs of solid wood , some lovely...

Albavilla, just a few kilometers from Lake Como, in the beautiful setting of mountains and lakes Brianza, you will find an elegant and cozy place to spend pleasant and relaxing moments, tasting a 'careful choice of traditional cuisine, accompanied...

If you have always thought that dinner at home rhymed with pizza, it's time to think again: in addition to the rich menu pizzeria, Al Sail Fish also offers an equally large restaurant menu. And all the dishes on the list may be requested to take...

Called "creative", our Chef Gerry uses local ingredients exalting tastes and flavors—simple dishes that once tasted, take their place in history. The menu ranging from suggestions of fast single dish of the south to the evening version of this, up...

The first and only conservatory restaurant in Italy, the Navedano is to be found in a 19th century villa, concealed in a green oasis around the river Cosia, only a few minutes from the centre of Como. It is a hidden charming retreat, managed with...

Offers products special and unique, starting from processing of lake fish and seafood (smoked, marinated and dried) to meat (smoked), pasta (ravioli stuffed with seafood) and many other specialties....

In a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere, accentuated by the flame of the fireplace, we present traditional recipes, cuisine and seasonal specialties of meat on wood embers. Proposals for fresh fish are characterized by the search for natural flavors...

At Caffe Mazzini you can always sit in the annex outside and observe the comings and goings from Como, in the peace of mind, enjoying a drink, a hot drink or light snack, or take a seat in the dining room for entertaining in a warm and inviting...

Warm and welcoming place in the heart of Como, just a few steps from the Civic Art Gallery and San Fedele Square, ideal for lunch, for a drink or a dinner with your partner or friends. Stone arches, wooden ceiling with exposed beams and a spacious...

The history of the local is the combination of sight and taste. The attention to detail in decor, the high quality of products, the friendliness and professionalism of the staff, have as its ultimate goal, the intimate pleasure of a coffee or a...

Overlooking the beautiful Lake Lugan located within the historic landing of Piazza Roma. The combination of the experience of 50 years of homemade ice cream made only with fresh and natural Ticino, including a passion for Sicilian sweets and ideas...

Located in Breglia (780m), 7 km from Menaggio, it offers visitors a spectacular view of central Lake Como and the Bellagio peninsula. Inside there is a sculpture of the Madonna, carved in marble....

High on the road is the sanctuary of the Madonna of Peace, erected in 1659 to celebrate the peace of Pirenei, which ended the Thirty Year War between the French and Spaniards. Characteristic is the Romanesque hanging bell (sec. XIII), and in the...

Originally a medieval church (XI century) but many additions and changes have taken place over the centuries. For several years it served as the parish church of Sormano, Caglio and Rezzago. The building, located at a higher level than the street,...

The church dates from around 1614-1617. Noteworthy, are the walls from the outside, consisting of a mixed texture of stone and brick. The interior is richly decorated with frescos and sculpture....

The parish church of St. Abbondio rises isolated on the western side of the village of Mezzegra, with its majestic front facing the lake. It was probably founded in the 12th century in Romanesque style, then rebuilt in 1702 by local emigrants and...

The church is located next to the parish church of SS. Quirico e Giulitta and is accessed by three steps. It dates from the fourteenth century and was enlarged with the construction of two bays in the middle of the sixteenth century. Noteworthy are...

The church of St. George is located in Bellagio, next to City Hall. It is contemporary with the Basilica of St. James, dating back to ' XI - XII century (dated between 1080 and 1120). Originally the apse and altar were facing east; but then moved...

With origins in the 17th century and remodelled later with an image of the patron saint on the facade by Bernardino Barelli. Noteworthy are the altar sculptures, frescoes, stucco, oil paintings, a Renaissance tabernacle and the wooden reliquary...

Although early in Christian origin, this church collapsed due to erosion at the end of the 16th century and was completely rebuilt in the Baroque style. Of note, are lavish frescos, sculpture wooden inlaid furniture and a stone font presbytery....

A series of chapels depicting Christ’s final journey to Mount Golgotha. The traditional 14 stations have been added to with a 15th dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows and are located in a rectangular square in front of the parish church, dedicated to...

The church stands on a hill, away from residential areas; It can be reached via a path through the woods and ends close to the facade; it is accessed from the main entrance facade and a second entrance on the eastern side. The church has suffered...

Romanesque in origin, but built on the foundations of a medieval church as demonstrated by archaeological excavations. Another testimony to its antiquity is the dedication to Saints Cosmas and Damian, doctors who were martyred in the fourth century...

This is situated in the locality of Rovasco and is from the 12th-13th centuries. It was renovated several times and was extended in the fourteenth century. It has preserved frescoes of the Blessed Virgin with Baby Jesus and St. Christopher. It is...

The village contains this interesting church that dates back to the 14th century. It has a fine Romanesque bell tower and a decorated Renaissance portal. An ancient chest behind the altar preserves a precious reliquary, a nail of the Holy Cross....

Built in the space of ten years from 1766-1776. Characterized by a bright interior with elegant harmonious architecture. The walls are like arabesque allegories and symbols of the Passion (spears, lanterns, nails ...). The four corners of the dome,...

Located in the center of Lecco, this church was built in memory of the fallen of World War I. Constructed in the Romanesque Revival-style, it has horizontal stripes of alternating white stone and granite from the Chiavenna valley. The bell tower is...

The San Tomaso Park occupies the lower foothills of the ridge of Corno Birone (1,116 m), Mount Rai (1,250 m), Mount Prà Santo (1,245 m) and the Colma di Val Ravella (939 m). The park offers a beautiful landscape from just a short distance from the...

Parish church built in the sixteenth century and later remodeled. The choir has a fresco by painter G. Quaglio. Next to the parish is the Oratory dedicated to Santa Marta with a fascinating frescoed facade in bas-relief from the sixteenth century,...

Located in a beautiful natural setting surrounded by quiet woods and stately lime trees, on a plateau halfway up the mountain Pìnzernone. The shrine is dedicated to a young martyr of the fourth century; who is always represented with weapons, in...

Originated in the eleventh century as a building with a single nave, then it changed to three in the following centuries. The church has beautiful statues, decorated with low and high stucco relief and valuable fresco paintings from the 17 and 18th...

This parish church rebuilt between 1725 and 1738, is a remarkable example of Baroque art. Inside, in addition to the frescoes of Luigi Tagliaferro, is a valuable painting of the "Madonna of the Seven Sorrows" and a wooden statue of Lorenzo Matieli...

In Gravedona traces of medieval times are found along the banks, there where the lakeside reveals a rare and beautiful church: St. Maria del Tiglio. Its architectural design made the 'Maestri Comacini' famous then and renders proud the people of...

In the hills of Tremezzo is the town of Rogaro whose old centre consists of 18th century homes grouped around the Baroque church dedicated to Mary. The church houses the famous wooden statue known as the Black Madonna which is said to have been...

Built at the turn of the X-XI century, on the site of the martyrdom of Saint Fidelis (killed around 303-305) at the northern most endpoint of Lake Como (which was then not a separate lake). Curiously, building is located on the west bank of the lake...

Outside of Lasnigo is the Romanesque church of Sant’Alessandro which lies on a slope boulevard flanked by an eighteenth-century chapels of the Cross. In ancient times the original church was built on a lower plateau. Then the bell tower was moved to...

Small church dating back to the eleventh century dedicated to Santa Margherita and linked to the cult of the Saints Hermits Larian. Its location is strategically significant as a testimony to its military origin, in defense of the Valsassina and...

The Sanctuary and the Convent of Santa Maria del Lavello finds origins from an old story. In 1480 water sprang suddenly from beneath an ancient burial place and soon got the reputation of being miraculous, therefore becoming a pilgrimage site. In...

The shrine of Madonna del Bosco is one of the most famous sanctuaries devoted to Mary in all Lombardy, due to its link to Pope John XXIII. The shrine is a great example of Lombardy Baroque and it is placed in the river Adda’s valley on a hill...

Somasca in the upper part of Vercurago and the starting point for a religious itinerary tracing St. Gerolamo Emiliani’s, who shared his life with the poor and orphans. The path concludes at on a hilltop at the “Castle of the Unnamed" offering...

Located at the cemetery, along the old path leading to Lanzo, it is among the most significant monuments of Valle Intelvi. The church stands on a site in itself archaeologically interesting: during work to reinforce embankments Roman tombs of...

In 1688, a plaster relief of the Madonna of Sorrows kept in the small chapel of Lezzeno is said to have cried. And thus, in 1690 a Sanctuary was built in her honour. The work designed by Giovanni Battista Quadrio, was completed in 1704. Today we can...

Probably dated around the XII century. The building is located near the walls of a castle, a large complex built by the hands of Andreani. Over the centuries it has undergone several extensive restorations: the facade, remodeled several times, now...

We are part of the Anglican Church, belonging to the Diocese in Europe but we welcome all visitors of the Christian faith to our services of Holy Communion. These are held every Sunday at 10.30 am from the beginning of May to the end of October....

Built between 1723 and 1744 and consecrated by Bishop Albrici Pellegrini in 1764. The façade, in the Baroque style, is characterized by four pilasters and from the portal flanked by two niches and surmounted by a sundial. Above it is the date in...

The church, that stands near the lake, contains interesting frescoes, and the outside is characterized by an open porch to the lake with a double lancetwindow and a tall stone bell tower. It was the church of the community, which remained...

The Stone of Preguda, a rock composed of granite ghiandone, is incorporated in the Church of Sant’ Isidoro. The Stone of Preguda, on the slopes of Moregallo, is a rock composed of granite ghiandone, from the Val Masino and is the most famous...

The Sacred Mount of Ossuccio is one of the nine sacri monti in the Italian regions of Lombardy and Piedmont which were inscribed on the UNESCO list of World Heritage Sites in 2003. The devotional complex is located on a prealpine crag some 200...

The building was first started between 1908 and 1912. Luigi Dell'Orto, mayor of Cernobbio for almost thirty years, wanted this church to solemnize his wedding with Elizabeth Lucca. After the war, the building was completed thanks to the heirs, in...

The parish church stands in the XI Febbraio square, near the baptistery, overlooking the renowned Venere Gulf, from where you are presented with an enchanting view. The church was built in the 5th or 6th century on the ruins of a watering place,...

Inside the church are interesting remains of 14th century frescoes and a series of frescoes of De Magistris of 1526. You can reach this sanctuary in about 15 minutes by foot walking up a steep mule track at the end of the town which is part of the...

It is one of the first of a series of churches that recall Sicily as many people that lived in these valleys were forced to emigrate to the the south in the 16 and 17th centuries due to poverty. Whenever they came home they made donations to the...

This parish church can be reached through an uphill street passing by the Baroque chapel of the Crocetta. The 19th century front is very elegant and shows a typical Greek design by the architect Bovara. Inside it hosts an altar dating back to the...

The Chapel of the dead to Crocetta is the oldest and most impressive votive chapel in Malgrate. With baroque architecture, it dates back to the sixteenth century and houses bones, probably of the dead from the plague. Not documented, the chapel is...

The church was built in the 11th Century but has been almost comepletely rebuilt in the 17th century. Inside there are splendid coloured "scagliole". In the Intelvi Valley the Maestri Intelvesi used a special material called “scagliola” or false...

The church of St. Agatha is opposite to the parish of St. Stephen and is oriented to the west. It is a small building with gabled facade, two bays, two niches in the first bay, two chapels rectangular plan in the second and a presbytery with a...

On the ancient road that ran through the Val d'Intelvi, between Biazzeno and Dizzasco stands the parish church SS. Pietro and Paolo with its tall bell tower. It stands on a hillock with a wide view of the lake. The bell tower stands apart from the...

The church stands on the lake but you can also reach it from the antique center via small alleyways and steps. Next to the bell tower the original Romanseque bell tower can still be seen....

Right at the beginning of the town of Castiglione, with the green Intelvi valley as a back ground, stands the oratory of the Madonna del Restello built in the 17th century to thank the Madonna for the end of a plague that had infested the valley....

The parish church is located next to the historical centre of the village of Griante. It was built at the beginning of the 18th century on the site of an ancient temple, that was probably consecrated by St. Felice, bishop of Como. The church has a...

Parish church built in the sixteenth century and later remodeled. The choir has a fresco by painter G. Quaglio. Next to the parish is the Oratory dedicated to Santa Marta with a fascinating frescoed facade in bas-relief from the sixteenth century,...

The monastery is located about 800 m above sea level, on the southern slope of Mount Galbiga, at the confluence of two tributary valleys of the stream Perlana, from which it takes its name. The place, evocative and isolated, has meant that the...

This building is the parish church of Ossuccio and was built after the church bearing the same name, situated on the Comacina Island. It dates back to the 12th century and during the restoration works of 1959 many parts of the Romanesque building...

The San Eusebio church is located just before arriving at the village Peglio. It stands in a beautiful position, overlooking the lake. It is one of the most significant examples of the counter Reformation in the Como area. Inside you can admire the...

The church of S. Eufemia is located in a panoramic position on a rock cliff of the Sasso di Musso. You can reach it only by foot from the village Genico, by following a path which was probabilly built by the Romans. From the church there is a lovely...

This little Romanesque church is built directly on the lake and still preserves its original structure. Worth seeing is not only the sail bell tower, but also the several traces of frescoes on the internal and external walls, among which stands out...

Set high above Musso with stunning views of the lake is San Bernardo who’s origins date from the 1700’s. It is a particularly scenic spot, with the Albano valley behind it and the elegant pyramid of mount Legnone opposite with the bay of Piona and...

This church was built between 1464 and 1474. Its bell tower still preserves pre-existing Romanesque elements. Inside, the church is richly decorated with paintings On the front of the church a large white marble portal shows decorations and symbols...

The parish church of St. Salvatore is located in the village of Vercana and it has a real breathtaking view of Lake of Como. The exterior of the church is very simple the interior, instead, has the most rich and beautiful baroque decorations of the...

Of Romanesque origins; and one of the most oldest parish churches on Lake Como. Its present appearance derives from renovations made in the seventeenth century. lnside: there are frescoes from the fifteenth and eighteenth centuries; a fourteenth...

Church built and updated from 1630 until the 18th century. Situated on hill top with view of Vercana and Lake Como....

Baroque transformations have virtually erased the Romanesque structure of this 13th century church, but there is still evidence of the Renaissance, as the silver cross Golden Giovan Pietro Lierni (1533), the wooden crucifix of the high altar, and...

Originating on a 13th century temple site, this 15th century church was dedicated to San Bernardino, a preacher who crossed Italy on foot preaching religious reform, social justice and working for peace. The last significant extension was completed...

In Gravedona traces of medieval times are found along the banks, there where the lakeside reveals a rare and beautiful church: St. Maria del Tiglio. Its architectural design made the 'Maestri Comacini' famous then and renders proud the people of...

Its origins go back to the Middle Ages of which only remains the gothic bell tower. The church stands in an isolated position, just below the village Aurogna. The view of the northern end of the lake, where the rivers Mera and Adda flow into Lake...

The roman church is surrounded by a large garden of plane trees. It is traditionally thought to have been erected over the site where the two Martyrs were tortured to death and then buried. It is believed that their bodies were found towards the...

The pastoral visit made by Bishop Ninguarda in the late sixteenth century to Brenzio resulted in this church dedicated to St. John the Baptist. At the time there were 450 parishioners. Within St. John the Baptist is the Oratory of St. Joseph. By...

The church of San Rocco was the parish church of Pognana Lario up to 1744, when a new parish church dedicated to the Holy Trinity it was consecrated. It was then "downgraded", lost its dedication to the Holy Trinity, and was re-dedicated to St....

The church of Saints Peter and Paul was believed to have been founded in the eleventh century by Bishop Rainald and consecrated in 1095 by Pope Urban II, who was traveling to Clermont-Ferrand to call the first crusade. Over the centuries, the...

The Church of Saints Nazario and Celso is just a short walk away from the waters of Lake Como, near the harbor in the old town of Brienno. Some documents attest to the presence of a church since the end of the thirteenth century, the Romanesque...

The church S. Carlo which was built in 1614 on order of Cinzio Calvi so that he and his wife could have their tombs in it. The church has a characteristic Spanish style bell tower a reminder of the period of Spanish domination in the 15-16th...

This church is located in the village Nobiallo just north of Menaggio. The houses are clustered around the church which stands on the Antica Strada Regina, the antique Roman Road that connected Como with Alpine passes. The characteristic leaning...

The church S. Marta is of ancient origins. On the facade you can see the Roman memorial plaque of Minicio Exorato, a notable of the Roman empire; above it the town-arms. Inside the church there are some interesting paintings of the 17th century....

The parish church of S. Stefano is of very ancient origins whose original Roman structures have however been lost; in fact the orientation itself is in the opposite direction of its primitive setting. The church has three naves which, in 1899, were...

Octagonal building with drum and porch hexastyle made following the discovery (1624) of the image of the Virgin now altar. Factory completed in 1630, but with following reconstruction (porch redone in 1742 and the bell tower in 1912). Outside of the...

The parish church is located in the center of the country.Built in the seventeenth century, is decorated with prestigious and stucco friezes of Stefano Salterio (XVIII century) and also preserves works of painting and sculpture of the eighteenth...

Situated in the hamlet of Borgo, built on the previous Romanesque building, was the parish from the end of the fifteenth century. A single nave, has suffered repeated rearrangements. Inside frescoes Fiammenghino and an altarpiece of the sixteenth...

Urio, the part of the town that lies south of Carate, is characterized by the Romanesque bell tower of the Saints Quirico and Giulitta church that stands close to the lake. Rebuilt in 1865 from an original Romanesque church with two towers and a...

This is situated in the locality of Rovasco and is from the 12th-13th centuries. It was renovated several times and was extended in the fourteenth century. It has preserved frescoes of the Blessed Virgin with Baby Jesus and St. Christopher. It is...

The church of San Vincenzo in Cernobbio is located in the historic part of the town, in front of Tolomeo Gallio square, a few steps away from the lake. We can date the origin of the church back to 1150, a pastoral visit of Bishop Niguarda that took...

The current building was built on the site previously occupied by an older church: its construction began in 1593 and lasted until the next century (1617), when it became an independent parish. In the eighteenth century underwent a partial...

The small chapel is located in the historic center of Veleso, at the intersection of several streets. The façade is decorated with a fresco depicting the Crucifixion....

Executed in Baroque style (17th c.), with single nave and wooden altar piece dating back to the 1600's. On the left side is a bell tower containing five bells. Inside is the "Madonna delle Grazie" fresco of the Lombardy school, statue of the...

The church of Santa Tecla is near the harbor in a quiet and pleasant; recently restored, in it you can see the remains of frescoes by Bartolomeo De Benzi and Andrea De Passeris. Located on the right bank of Lake Como, Torno preserves the...

The church of St. George is located in Bellagio, next to City Hall. It is contemporary with the Basilica of St. James, dating back to ' XI - XII century (dated between 1080 and 1120). Originally the apse and altar were facing east; but then moved...

The church, that stands near the lake, contains interesting frescoes, and the outside is characterized by an open porch to the lake with a double lancetwindow and a tall stone bell tower. It was the church of the community, which remained...

These are considered as one of the greatest Romanesque architectural monuments in Europe and are part of a single Benedictine settlement. Important note: the Church can be reached only on foot walking for about 1 hour through a mountain path (300 m...

According to tradition, the church was built in the thirteenth century, at the behest of a crusader returning from the Holy Land. According to another legend, the church was built on a refuge belonging to the order of the Templars. Positioned on a...

Built in 1576 by St Charles Borromeo as a temple for the nearby convent of Capuchin Friars. It contains one of the most collections of art in Lecco: nine glass houses containing compositions of polychrome wax that represent the seven scenes from the...

The parish church of Saints Nazaro Celso with the black-white Gothic front, was built in 1348 by Giovanni Ugo di Campione and architects from the valley Intelvi. The church has some beautiful rose windows and frescoes of the Lombard school. The...

Its origins go back to the Middle Ages of which only remains the gothic bell tower. The church stands in an isolated position, just below the village Aurogna. The view of the northern end of the lake, where the rivers Mera and Adda flow into Lake...

The church was built in a dominating position overlooking the lake and the mouths of the river Adda and the river Mera and the plain called Pian di Spagna. The church became parish church in 1480. Inside it has many frescoes some by Aurelio Luini,...

The church stands on a hill that dominates the valley. The current building is the result of a series of operations occurred over the centuries. Rebuilt on top of the pre-existing building, in the 16th century the church was formed of only one...

The construction of the church began in 1791 and ended in 1823 requiring the works of several architects: Clemente Isacchi, Giuseppe Pollack, Giuseppe Bovara and Simone Cantoni. The church hosts a crucifixion of 1879 by Mosè Bianchi and a painting...

The church stands in the beautiful small square of the village Barna. It was built as a Parish church in 1636. The inside presents itself with one nave and three side chapels....

Situated in the hamlet of Vignola, along the ancient Via Regina, it preserves its ancient structure in bare stone decorated with small arches. The exterior has remains of Renaissance and late Gothic frescos. The interior is divided into two naves...

Next to Lenno’s parish church is the baptistery, dating back to the second half of the 11th century and dedicated to St. John the Evangelist. The outside is simple and plain, with a square bell-tower and an apse on the north side. On the left side...

This Romanesque church with emblematic bell tower was once a lodging for pilgrims making their way to Rome along Lake Como’s western shore. The history of the church has always been bound with contiguous ancient medieval hospice. The single nave...

Parish church of Argegno made with Moltrasio stone in the Neo-romanic Style. A construction in neo-Romanesque style with a gabled facade enhanced by a rose window depicting saints. On the front of the church is a mosaic of the four Evangelists, the...

This little Romanesque church is built directly on the lake and still preserves its original structure. Worth seeing is not only the sail bell tower, but also the several traces of frescoes on the internal and external walls, among which stands out...

Main church in Lecco dedicated to the saint patorn of sailors. Its structure is in Neoclassical style thanks to the architect Giuseppe Bovara who worked on its enlargement and contains 17th century furniture, a baptismal font of 1596, Romanesque...

One of the finest examples of Lombard-Romanesque with an intact apse. The parish Church of San Giacomo (St. James) dates back to the 12th century. The rest of the structure has undergone numerous restorations, especially during the 18th century....

Considered one of the most important Lombard Romanesque monument of its kind. Inside it holds frescoes of the 15th and 16th centuries. The building has an octagonal plan and a semicircular apse dating back to the 11th century, although some elements...

Believed to be the site of a miracle where a fresco of the Madonna and child shed tears. The Sanctuary is located along the main road just past the ridge over the river Albano. It dates back to the period a miracle happened in 1553. According to the...

A simple, hut-like church, interrupted only by two slits and, at the top by a cross window. The church S. Maria in Martinico rises in a slightly elevated position compared with the center of Dongo. Below, the simple portal opens up with a architrave...

The parish church of St. Abbondio rises isolated on the western side of the village of Mezzegra, with its majestic front facing the lake. It was probably founded in the 12th century in Romanesque style, then rebuilt in 1702 by local emigrants and...

The parish church stands in the XI Febbraio square, near the baptistery, overlooking the renowned Venere Gulf, from where you are presented with an enchanting view. The church was built in the 5th or 6th century on the ruins of a watering place,...

Located right on the lake in the village of Tremezzo, the church began construction in 1775 and completed in 1896. The inside of the church was painted by Luigi Tagliaferri, who did all the paintings of the chorus and of the vault. The walls were...

This sanctuary is part of a series of shrines along a one kilometer cobble stoned walkway. The shrines depict scenes of the Madonna’s and Christ’s life and are represented by frescos and natural size statues made of stucco and terracotta. The...

Near the top of the Ghisallo pass stands the Sanctuary of the Madonna del Ghisallo. Its name, according to the legend, comes from a certain "Ghisallo" who, in the Middle Ages, near the pass was attacked by bandits. He made a vow to the Madonna to...

This is one of the oldest churches in the Lake Como area and the oldest one in Varenna. Dated back at the 11th century, this Church is defined by the Belfry built toward the lake, as usual at that time, and it keeps inside few frescoes from the 14th...

The Piona Priory or Piona Abbey, is a religious complex on the Lecco bank of Lake Como in the territory of the municipality of Colico, northern Italy. The abbey is set at the top of a small peninsula, the Olgiasca, which – like a crooked finger –...

Located in the upper part of the village of Lenno. Once it was called monastery of Roncate after the name of the hamlet where it was built, but later it became the “Abbazia dell’Acquafredda" (the ‘Freshwater abbey’), because of a fresh source near...

A perfect morning or afternoon hike with stunning views of Lake Como. San Martino is Lake Como’s most famous mountain church perched on a top a cliff above the town of Griante. Its official name is "Santuario Della Madonna delle Grazie di San...

The extraordinary Romanesque church of S. Maria del Tiglio, that stands approximately 800 m left of the boat dock. It is one of the most important Romanesque buildings of the province. Built in the XII century it preserves precious frescoes and a...

Consecrated on 1313, the parish church of San Giorgio is a small masterpiece of the 14th century Lombardy architecture. Located in the main square, this is a basilica with nave and two aisles embellished by a rose window and a fresco portraying...

Save and share the places you like with friends and fellow travellers.