Things to Do near Santissima Trinità

Photo: triangololariano.it

Built between 1723 and 1744 and consecrated by Bishop Albrici Pellegrini in 1764. The façade, in the Baroque style, is characterized by four pilasters and from the portal…

The church of San Rocco was the parish church of Pognana Lario up to 1744,…

The village extends from the shore of the lake to Monte Preàla. The higher part of the village is called Castello because it was fortified in the Middle Ages. It took part in the feud of Nesso, which was ruled by the Visconti family but was later ceded by the Spanish to the Gallio family. On a mule-track from…

Photo: triangololariano.it

This is situated in the locality of Rovasco and is from the 12th-13th centuries. It was renovated several times and was extended in the fourteenth century. It has preserved frescoes of the Blessed Virgin with Baby Jesus and St. Christopher. It is believed that its dedication to San Miro derives from the…

Faggeto Lario’s name originates from the large number of beech forests in the region. In the village of Palanzo, on the occasion of the Sagra Torchio, an ancient wine press dating from the second half of the sixteenth century carved from a single trunk of walnut, is put to use. Near the top of Palanzone is…

The church, that stands near the lake, contains interesting frescoes, and the outside is characterized by an open porch to the lake with a double lancetwindow and a tall stone bell tower. It was the church of the community, which remained independent throughout the Middle Ages.

Lovely and secluded beach in  Careno, on the east side of the lake towards Bellagio. The beach is made up partly of natural sand and partly by  grass. It 's very quiet and romantic. Nearby there is also a Trattoria but…

Church built between 1910 and 1931 in Palanzo, a small village above Faggeto Lario. The short hike affords great views of the lake from a a nearby park.

Photo: Lido di Faggeto

It's a wonderful place to relax, have fun, have a drink, swim or just enjoy the lights and colors of our lake. The Lido di Faggeto - MiAmiLaryo is located in the village of…

Photo: triangololariano.it

Built in the Romanesque period, between the 11 and 12th centuries, but underwent many changes and expansions to its current appearance. It was the first parish church of Molina; over the centuries, the population…

It is one of the most famous villas of the lake, set apart and sad, with a mysterious and disquieting aspect. It seems that upon the building heap an inscrutable aura, quite as the ghosts that disturbed its first owner, the count Giovanni Anguissola of Piacenza, hidden here after he…

Photo: BOLD

Nesso is a picturesque village on the eastern shore of the Como branch of Lake Como, at the mouth of the valley to the lake. Here, in the hamlet Coatesa, there is the Orrida of Nessus, a deep and picturesque gorge located at the mouth of the valleys of the FCA and Nosè; the ravine is formed by two streams that come together become a beautiful…

The village contains this interesting church that dates back to the 14th century. It has a fine Romanesque bell tower and a decorated Renaissance portal. An ancient chest behind the altar preserves a precious reliquary, a nail of the Holy Cross.

Great example of a medieval village with many preserved architectural elements that can be experienced on foot without the bustle of vehicle traffic. Of particular interest is the parish church St. Tecla and Villa Pliniana.

Photo: Park Casa Prandoni

The entrance to the Cesare and Emilio Prandoni Retirement Home is set along picturesque steps…

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

The church of Santa Tecla is near the harbor in a quiet and pleasant; recently restored, in it you can see the remains of frescoes by Bartolomeo De Benzi and Andrea De Passeris. Located on the right bank of Lake Como, Torno preserves the characteristics of a medieval village, with some significant architectonic…

Photo: triangololariano.it

The church already existed in the fifteenth century but was rimaneggita between the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. The Romanesque bell tower displays although its construction is significantly late. During the…

Photo: triangololariano.it

The church of Saints Peter and Paul was believed to have been founded in the eleventh century by Bishop Rainald and consecrated in 1095 by Pope Urban II, who was traveling to Clermont-Ferrand to call the first crusade. Over the centuries, the building…

Located in Montepiatto, a village high above Torno with great hiking trails and equally fantastic views of the lake is the "Stone pendula", boulder resting on a pedestal. This boulder with its…

Montepiatto is a small settlement of houses scattered in the mountains above Torno. After a windy path a several steep staircases, you'll be…

Famous for the gorge that bisects the colourfully painted town. The Ponte Roma bridge near the shore affords views of the waterfall on one side and the lake on the other.

Photo: Casta Diva Spa

CastaDiva Resort & Spa is a five-star luxury resort located on the east side of Lake Como, in the lovely village of Blevio, only 5…

The whole territory of the Larian Triangle and, in particular, its westernmost end, is characterized by the abundant presence of so-called "erratics" or "boulders" left behind by glaciers. Those found in Torno and…

At Mount Cross Ardona (m. 1005), a path splits into two. On the left, is a wooded summit then down along a bumpy ride to the entrance of Castel d'Ardona. To the right, a few bends bring you to same point but the road is much easier (1h 30 'from…

Located in a panoramic position between the inlet of Loppia and the hamlet of San Giovanni, Villa Taverna was built by Count Paolo Taverna at…

Available for private rental with chef and all modern amenities. Also known as Villa Taglioni, after the original owner, ballerina Marie Taglioni who in lived in the feudal home for forty years. The property…

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

Built on location of a church dating back to the 16th century, Santi Epimaco e Girdino was completely rebuilt in the second half of the 18th century. The original parish church is located in the lower part of town, near the lake. For this reason, during the twentieth century it was abandoned and the benefit of the…

Built around 1850 by Russian Prince Troubetzkoy, married to one of the daughters of famous Ballerina Marta Taglioni. The Prince came to the area after having served six months heavy labour in a Siberia for…

Blevio is the first town you come to on the eastern shore of the lake when coming from Como. From the centre of town spectacular panoramas greet visitors. Home to several private…

Built in the second half of the sixteenth century, this church was remodeled and expanded in later periods. Distinct for its large columns and the sixteenth round arches on the porch.

Photo: Morgan Club

The club’s facilities include a swimming pool, sun bathing area with deck chairs and umbrellas, hammocks, a trampoline, ping pong, mini tennis or volleyball, canoes and row boats, and of course wakeboarding and water skiiing lessons, a bar, and the restaurant Crotto del Misto.

In the centre of the ancient village Palanzo, situated in the hills and part of the commune of Faggeto Lario, there is an enormous wine press of the 17th century. It is made to work during the annual feast called Sagra…

St. George, as with other holy warriors (Michael and Martin) was highly revered by the Lombards. The present church was built in the sixteenth century on the site of a former…

The walks in the many hamlets of Lezzeno offer special relevances historical and architectural such as Villa Citterio seventeenth century. The morphology of the territory of Lezzeno offers spectacular views with boat tours…

The church is located next to the parish church of SS. Quirico e Giulitta and is accessed by three steps. It dates from the fourteenth century and was enlarged with the construction of two bays in the middle of the sixteenth century. Noteworthy are the frescos on the church’s exterior entrance.

Parish church built in the sixteenth century and later remodeled. The choir has a fresco by painter G. Quaglio. Next to the parish is the Oratory dedicated to Santa Marta with a fascinating frescoed facade in bas-relief from the sixteenth century, depicting the Deposition and the Annunciation. Note two walnut…

Photo: Jolly Racing Club

Facility that offers wakeboard, lessons and tubing with beach facilities including sunbeds, umbrellas and restaurant.

The current building was built on the site previously occupied by an older church: its construction began in 1593 and lasted until the next century (1617), when it became an independent parish. In the eighteenth century underwent a partial reconstruction that…

Photo: Lago di Como (Lake Como)

Villa Geno is a small lido placed on the east side of the bay of Como. From here the sight to the West side, with its…

Next Page

Loading Page Content

Save and share the places you like with friends and fellow travellers.